Date: 1-4 March 2009
Venue: Amari Watergate Hotel, Bangkok, Thailand
The goal of the Asia and the Pacific annual performance workshop is to enhance the implementation and impact of IFAD-funded development interventions in the region.
The theme for this year’s event is supervision and implementation support.
Workshop participants include:
- Country partners
- Government representatives
- Members of the civil society
- Regional partners
- Cooperating institutions
- IFAD staff
The workshop the opportunity to:
- discuss important design and implementation issues
- new initiatives and thematic areas (such as food prices and climate change)
- build relationships with peers and colleagues
- create networks to share good practices, knowledge and experiences.
- participants will have developed a deeper understanding of important supervision and implementation issues and also about new thematic areas such as food prices and climate change
- IFAD has understood and recorded participant views on common portfolio strengths and weaknesses
- participants will have identified solutions to common problems and formulated recommendations to improve direct supervision and performance for IFAD’s Asia and the Pacific Division portfolio
- participants will have identified and documented good practices in implementation support and supervision and for replication and scaling-up
- participants will have built relationships with peers and other regional partners
participants will have built the foundation for knowledge sharing networks allowing them to systematically share good practices and rural development knowledge