This is a continuation of the previous blogpost
Once upon a time I realized I wanted to learn something about blogging and tweeting, so I went to a workshop with 12 other people and Nancy and Roxy.
Here are some of the key things we learned:
- How to search in blogs to find info.
- Blogs get searched earlier than information posted on websites.
- Blogging is potentially very addictive.
- You need to take care of your digital identity.
- You don't have to be a journalist to blog.
- Blogs can be used as a social communication tool internally within a division.
- Twitter allows you to listen to what people are saying about your organization and to respond.
Some of us were beginners. Some more advanced bloggers wanted to learn more about how to use labels, categories and tags in the most efficient way.
And we had some questions:
- Is blogging safe?
- Is it useful for our daily jobs?
We agreed that to really get the hang of this, we needed a longer session with more hands-on learning. You can see the resources we used here.