Learning the "ins and outs" of sound procurement process
Professional procurement specialists Mr. George Jadoun and Ms. Blerina Pogace from the International Training Centre of the International Labour organization (ITC/ILO) prepared and delivered the training material in Arabic based on IFAD procedures and drawing from practical experiences in the region.
Objectives and outcomes
- Provide an overview of the procurement process, from planning, identification of needs and methods, to the tendering process.
- Familiarise participants with IFAD requirements and guidelines on procurement.
- Better understand and apply country specific procedures while offering a platform to share with the participants’ best practices in procurement
The expected outcomes of the workshop were:
- Improved effectiveness of the functions discharged by project staff;
- Improved implementation performance with regards to procurement; and
- Resolution and clarification of recurring issues during project implementation.
Average overall rating by participants for training relevance, effectiveness, quality of delivery and impact was 86% (this includes 100% rating for quality and relevance and 97% for objectives met, post-training application and overall satisfaction)